Policy Assistant Position
Policy Assistant Opening at the Idaho School Boards Association
Summary: Work on special projects related to delivering ISBA policy services such as proofreading, policy writing, policy research, and others as assigned by the Research & Policy Coordinator.
Position Type: Temporary, ~10 hours/week
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in customizing and rewriting school district and charter school policy manuals
- Proofread documents/publication materials
- Communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- Assist in revision of the ISBA Model Policy Manual
- Perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent, detail-oriented proofreading skills
- Proficient at use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader, and Google Docs
- Pursuing or completed degree related to law, public policy, management, education, or a related field.
- The work is primarily sedentary, but involves some standing. The tasks include seated work, some light carrying, and manual dexterity
To Apply: Email your resume and contact information for two references to April Hoy at [email protected]
About Us: The Idaho School Boards Association is a non-profit, service organization providing policy services, legislative advocacy, leadership support and quality, cost-efficient board training to association members.
Estimated Closing Date: February 12, 2018
Terms of Employment: This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will”. In other words, either the employer or employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason with or without cause. The descriptions and terms set forth in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore they shall not create a property right in the employee and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. They are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what types of service will be required by Idaho School Boards Association, Inc. so long as the employment continues.