The Leadership Institute is offered to all ISBA members. This is a great learning opportunity for new and experienced board members as well as the district/charter school leadership team. Come join ISBA staff for this exciting leadership development opportunity.
The Leadership Institute addresses the following content:
Instruction based on the book The Governance Core:
School Boards, Administrators, and Schools Working Together.
(by Davis Campbell & Michael Fullan)
The Governance Core provides strategies and tools for board members and administrators to work together through the complex challenges of school governance.
- Understand essentials of good governance.
- Explore opportunities to improve local governance.
- Practice applying good governance in challenging situations.
I. FOUNDATIONS OF EXCEPTIONAL GOVERNANCE
Commitment ~ Shared Moral Imperative ~ Governance Mindset ~ Unity of Purpose ~ System Leadership
II. MINDSET FOR EXCEPTIONAL GOVERNANCE
Systems Thinking ~ Strategic Focus ~ Deep Learning ~ Manner
III. ACTIONS FOR EXCEPTIONAL GOVERNANCE
Coherence ~ Cohesiveness ~ Community
Five Locations. Five Days
Date & Time: May 31, 2023 . 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: Mountain View Middle School Library . 645 Mitchell Ln., Blackfoot, ID 83221
Date & Time: June 1, 2023 . 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: Twin Falls School District Support Services Building . 301 Main Ave. W. Twin Falls, ID 83301
Date & Time: June 7, 2023 . 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: Midtown Center Meeting Room . 1505 N. 5th St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Date & Time: June 8, 2023 . 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: University of Idaho Education Building . 921 Campus Dr., Moscow, ID 83844
Date & Time: June 14, 2023 . 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: Swan Falls High School . 7300 S. Linder Rd., Meridian, ID 83642
- Attendance at this workshop can be fully reimbursable by the State Department of Education for board members, superintendents, and charter administrators if the board hasn’t already used their development funds for the year.
- ISBA requires a minimum of 10 registrants in order to hold the workshop in each location. If we must cancel a workshop due to lack of registrants, we will contact you and issue you a refund.
- The cancellation deadline is seven days prior to the event for which the attendee is registered, minus a $50 cancellation fee. After that date, no refunds will be given. No shows will not be refunded. If cancellation is necessary, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You Simbli for sponsoring this event.