In successful districts, the board and superintendent work as a team. There is a common goal to improve student achievement, with both sides working to keep the relationship positive and effective. When boards are seeking a superintendent who will fit their school district and whose professional skills are outstanding, it is prudent to secure outside assistance.
The Idaho School Boards Association (ISBA) is the place to turn for help when selecting a new superintendent. ISBA has skilled, experienced, and helpful staff dedicated to the principle of serving local boards.
We are in a position to make recommendations as to the professional work, skill level, and instructional leadership experience of those interested in applying for a superintendent position. Because every state has a school board association, and we belong to the National Association of Superintendent Searchers, we also have the capacity to conduct a full national search.
When a school district decides to use ISBA to lead the search process, it not only gets the skill and experience of the search team, it can also draw upon our other in-house resources such as legal advice, and research data related to the search.
For more information on the services offered, see our Brochure.
If you’d like further details on prices and how ISBA can help your district or charter school, please contact Misty Swanson.
* Current Superintendent Searches conducted by ISBA
ISBA is not conducting any Superintendent Searches at this time.
* Additional Superintendent Searches that ISBA is not conducting:
Position: Superintendent / Principal
District: North Gem School District
To Apply: Applicants must provide the following:
- A personal letter of application stating your reasons for being interested in the position;
- The Superintendent application form located on the district website at www.sd149.com;
- Signed Authorization for Release of Information;
- A current resume that presents your education, experience, and achievements; and
- A placement file that includes certifications, transcripts, up-to-date professional references regarding the applicants performance in previous positions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to arrange for placement papers to be forwarded immediately.
Closing Date: As soon as possible
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Further Details: For further details on this position, please see the job announcement HERE.
Contact: Please direct questions and inquires to Kari Lish, Clerk, [email protected].