Policy and Government Affairs
ISBA has a mission to help support and improve policy decision making and implementation by Idaho school districts by providing the training and education necessary. ISBA provides a wide range of policy services to our members.
ISBA Government Affairs & Advocacy staff represent the ISBA membership at the Idaho State Legislature. Advocacy provided on behalf of members can be followed online through our weekly publication during the Legislative Session “Capitol Notes” .
Policy Update Service
• A contact to assist your district/charter school in developing a policy in any area.
• Four releases per year of all newly developed and revised policies.
• Policies coded for placement in your district/charter school’s policy manual.
• Policies that contain any applicable statutory or procedural references.
• Citations to statutes and court decisions which provide a reference tool for policymakers.
• A resource to answer your policy questions and help guide you through policy adoption.
As an ISBA member, your district/charter school is entitled to receive four (4) hours of free legal advice per fiscal year. To utilize this service simply call or email the attorneys at Anderson, Julian & Hull. You can email your question directly to the customized email [email protected] or dial (208) 344-5800 and tell the receptionist the general nature of your question and that you are calling through ISBA. Either way your question will be answered by a legal expert.
The freshly-updated 2016-2017 Clerks Manual is now available! It includes resources for everything from employment to elections to Board meetings. It includes forms, timelines, and supplemental information to help your district comply with State law. To view click the Clerk’s Manual 2017. (password protected)
If you need help accessing this handy resource, please contact April Hoy at [email protected] or call (208) 854-1476.