Policy, Gov't. Affairs, & Legal
Partners & Affiliates
ISBA Member Services
Calendar of Events
Don't forget to "like" us on Facebook!
Follow our posts for the latest information on legislation, events, education issues, and other ISBA-related topics.
The National Campaign for Grade Level Reading is sponsoring a series of community campaigns on the importance of third grade reading proficiency to promote a collaborative approach to the issue, bringing the education system, libraries, business leaders, social service agencies, and policy-makers together cohesively to develop an action plan. Events will be held in Pocatello, Twin Falls, and Boise on April 11th and 12th. Full details and registration information is available at this link.
There are now two pieces of legislation printed on the issue of the repeal of the Business Personal Property Tax. One, RS22194, is from the Idaho Association of Commerce of Industry (IACI). They are attempting a phased out full repeal of this tax with what they describe as “full” replacement dollars. IACI seems to have a different idea about what full replacement means than that of ISBA. For IACI, full replacement means holding school districts harmless for the term of their current supplemental levy (1-2 years). After that, school districts would be on their own.
Join the Discussion, ISBA Blog
- Results of the 2013 ISBA Business Session
- Negotiation Survey Results
- Apply Now for 2014 Magna Awards
- 2014 Proposed Bylaw Changes
- K-12 Education System Interim Committee Update
- 2014 Proposed Resolutions
- 21st Century Leaders Take Note!
- ISBA Annual Convention Registration Now Open
- Xavier Charter School Hiring Business Manager
- High School Principal Opening at Twin Falls School District