Back to School 2021
Back to School Resources and Information
Idaho State Department of Education
Back to School resources are posted on the State Department of Education website for your use. Please visit the website for updated information on COVID-19 Prevention. https://www.sde.idaho.gov/re-opening/index.html
U.S. Department of Education Return to School Road Map
“Return to School Roadmap,” a resource to support students, schools, educators, and communities as they prepare to return to safe, healthy in-person learning this fall. The Roadmap provides key resources and supports for students, parents, educators, and school communities.
The Roadmap includes three “Landmark” priorities that schools, districts, and communities are encouraged to focus on to ensure all students are set up for success in the 2021-2022 school year. These include:
(1) prioritizing the health and safety of students, staff, and educators,
(2) building school communities and supporting students’ social, emotional, and mental health, and
(3) accelerating academic achievement. As part of the Roadmap, the Department will release resources for practitioners and parents on each of these priorities, and will highlight schools and districts that are using innovative practices to address these priorities.
As part of the launch of the Return to School Roadmap, the Department released:
- A fact sheet for schools, families, and communities on the Return to School Roadmap, reviewing the three “Landmark” priorities, and elevating schools and districts that are addressing each in effective ways.
- A guide for schools and districts outlining what schools can do to protect the health and safety of students, including increasing access to vaccinations and steps for implementing the CDC’s recently updated K-12 school guidance.
- A checklist that parents can use to prepare themselves and their children for a safe return to in-person learning this fall, leading with vaccinating eligible children and masking up if students are not yet vaccinated.
August 19, 2021 Health & Welfare Presentation
Presentation by Dr. Kathy Turner, Phd MPH Deputy State Epidemiologist and Chief, Bureau of Communicable Disease Prevention, Idaho Division of Public Health
Presentation Recording: here
Case Trends and Projections: here
Governor’s Coronavirus Work Group: here
COVID-19 Return to School Flowchart: here