2023 ISBA Convention Workshop Proposals
WORKSHOP PROPOSALS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED.
Our 81st Annual Convention will be held on November 15-17, 2023 at the Boise Centre in Boise, Idaho. We are now accepting workshop proposals for breakout sessions that will be held on Wednesday, November 15, 2023 and Thursday, November 16, 2023. We invite you to submit a proposal that is designed to equip boards with content knowledge, practical tips and tools to energize their districts/charters, inspire change, and advance student achievement.
All proposals must be submitted through the survey. Any proposals submitted directly to ISBA and not through the survey will not be considered. You can find the link to the survey HERE.
Please view the Planning Guide HERE.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is Friday, July 14, 2023.
Proposal Selection Criteria
While ISBA makes every effort to accommodate your schedule preference, we cannot guarantee that your workshop will be scheduled at your preferred time. Because of this, please do not submit a proposal unless you can present during any of the time slots.
ISBA staff will evaluate each proposal. Many factors are considered in the selection of presentations, including, but not limited to whether:
- The topic is of high interest and relevant to today’s school leaders. For example:
- Board Effectiveness;
- Community Engagement;
- Strategic Planning;
- Bonds and Levies;
- Communication Strategies;
- District/Charter School Budget
- The workshop description is clear and can be met in the time allotment of 60 minutes.
- The concept or solution presented is appropriate for an audience of school board members and administrators.
- The presentation will be engaging and interactive.
- The presentation format and methods are clearly described.
- Practical, real-world application of the concept or solution is presented (proven practices, case studies, can be replicated in other school districts).
- Attendees have a clear take-away from the presentation.
- The presentation must NOT be used as a sales pitch by companies.
- All presenters must be:
- District/charter staff;
- School Board members;
- Community partners;
- Business partners; or
- Business partners and companies must be paid exhibitors or sponsors.
- Acceptance of a proposal does not mean the presenters are registered for the Convention. School board members and district/charter staff must register and pay to attend the convention. Community partners are not required to register.
Have questions? Please contact Mika at email@example.com.