2020 ISBA CONVENTION WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
ISBA is currently accepting workshop presentations for our 78th Annual Convention held in Sun Valley, Idaho on November 11-13, 2020. We are currently seeking proposals for breakout sessions that will be held on Wednesday, November 11, 2020 and Thursday, November 12, 2020. We invite you to submit a proposal that is designed to equip boards with content knowledge, practical tips and tools to energize their districts/charters, inspire change, and advance student achievement.
To assist in planning your presentation, use this handy PDF to draft your proposal prior to submitting it. All proposals must be submitted through the survey. Any proposals submitted directly to ISBA and not through the survey will not be considered. You can find the link to the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TMCMTV7.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is Friday, July 31, 2020
Proposal Selection Criteria
While ISBA makes every effort to accommodate your schedule preference, we cannot guarantee that your workshop will be scheduled at your preferred time. Because of this, please do not submit a proposal unless you can present during any of the time slots.
ISBA staff will evaluate each proposal. Many factors are considered in the selection of presentations, including, but not limited to whether:
- The topic is of high interest and relevant to today’s school leaders.
- The workshop description is clear and can be met in the time allotment of 60-75 minutes.
- The concept or solution presented is appropriate for an audience of school board members and administrators.
- The presentation will be engaging and interactive (large panels are discouraged).
- The presentation format and methods are clearly described.
- Practical, real-world application of the concept or solution is presented (proven practices, case studies, can be replicated in other school districts).
- Attendees have a clear take-away from the presentation.
- The presentation must NOT be used as a sales pitch by vendors.
- All presenters must be:
- District/charter staff;
- School Board members;
- Community partners;
- Business partners; or
- Business partners and vendors must be paid exhibitors.
- Presenters are responsible for all arrangements, audio-visual equipment, and all expenses necessary for participation. Each session room will be equipped with a screen, A/V cart with a standard length extension cord, and presenter table.
- Acceptance of a proposal does not mean the presenters are registered for the Convention. School board members and district/charter staff must register and pay to attend the convention. Community partners are not required to register.
Important 2020 Dates
- July 31: Deadline for Call of Proposals submitted to ISBA.
- August 1: – August 31: ISBA staff review proposals.
- September 4: Session selections are finalized. An initial round of invitations will be sent to accepted presenters.
- September 18: Confirmations of acceptance are returned to ISBA.
- September 30: Final invitations and notifications of non-acceptance will be sent.
- October 12: Deadline for presenters to confirm spelling of name for name badge and convention book.
- November 2: Final details sent to presenters.