The Summer Leadership Institute is offered to all ISBA members. This is a great learning opportunity for new and experienced board members as well as the district leadership team. This year’s Professional Development workshops include Board Operations & Training, Conducting a Good Meeting (Effective Meetings, Open Meeting Laws, Agendas), The Board & the Budget, Card Check, Elections, and Educate vs. Advocate.
SIGN UP TODAY!
This year’s all new SLI will also tackle the following questions:
* What data does the state collect?
* How can data drive your board?
* What questions should board members ask about data?
* What are SWIP, CIP, Literacy Intervention Plans, and College and Career Advising and Mentoring Plans?
* How will changes in Open Meeting Law impact your work on the board?
* What guidelines should I follow when it comes time to run a levy?
* What should we, as board members, work for in our meetings?
* How can we have more effective meetings and impact student achievement?
* What changes have been made when it comes to negotiations?
* How can I help our Board have the best agenda possible?
Presenters from the State Department of Education are coming with us to help review the data every board member should know.
Wednesday, July 11, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, July 12, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 18, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 25, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, July 26, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
To register for the Summer Leadership Institute please fill out this form: Registration Form.
Please view this postcard for further details: Postcard 2018
Save this form to your computer. Fill-out the form and resave. Email the form to [email protected].