This Event has been postponed. Check back later for more details.
The Summer Leadership Institute is offered to all ISBA members. This is a great learning opportunity for new and experienced board members as well as the district leadership team. This year’s Professional Development workshops include Board Operations & Training, Conducting a Good Meeting (Effective Meetings, Open Meeting Laws, Agendas), The Board & the Budget, Data & the Board, and Elections.
SIGN UP TODAY!
This year’s all new SLI will also tackle the following questions:
* What five items should be on our agenda regularly?
* What are the state education agencies?
* What data does the state collect?
* How can data drive our board?
* What questions should board members ask about data?
* What are SWIP, CIP, Literacy Intervention Plans, College and Career Advising, and Mentoring Plans?
* What is the board’s role in school safety?
* How can the board help to make schools safer?
* What is Idaho Standard Common Response for Schools? How does it meet schools’ needs for incidents?
* What are some Idaho Office of School Safety and Security recommendations that boards should know?
* When are the new election dates, and what information do I need to know about them?
* What guidelines should I follow when it comes time to run a levy?
* What should we, as board members, strive for in our meetings?
* How can we have more effective meetings and impact student achievement?
* What motions can I state during a meeting, and how can I help my chair conduct a better meeting?
* How can I help our Board have the best agenda possible?
Presenters from the State Department of Education and Idaho Office of School Safety and Security are coming with us to help review the data every board member should know.
Wednesday, July 10, 2019 . (9:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
Jefferson Joint School District Office Board Room, 3850 E 300 N, Rigby, ID
Thursday, July 11, 2019 . (9:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
Canyon Ridge High School Room 301, 300 North College Road, Twin Falls, ID
Wednesday, July 17, 2019 . (9:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
Boise School District Office 8169 W. Victory Rd, Boise, ID
Wednesday, July 24, 2019 . (1:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
Lapwai High School Library, 404 S Main St, Lapwai, ID
Thursday, July 25, 2019 . (9:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
Midtown Center Meeting Room, 1505 N. 5th Street, Coeur d’Alene, ID
To register for the Summer Leadership Institute please fill out this form: 2019 SLI Registration Form
Please view this postcard for further details: 2019 SLI Postcard
Save this form to your computer. Fill-out the form and resave. Email the form to email@example.com.